The country’s first Railway University, whose idea helmed by prime minister Narendra Modi in 2014 got it’s approval last year. The admissions for seats at the Railway University in Vadodara have begun, and approximately 3,500 applications have already reached the university, according to News18. Classes will begin in August, and if you are interested, be sure to apply before June 30th. The cut-off for the university is 55%, and courses like BBA and BSc are on offer.
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
The university will offer courses related to transport streams and will be linked to all the 300 training institutes in the Railways Ministry. The brainchild of PM Narendra Modi, the university aims to ensure that the research and modernisation of India’s Railways system continues unabated.
Top Ten Facts About Indian Railway System
10 Interesting Facts About Indian Railways
1. The total distance covered by Indian Railways daily equals three and a half times the distance to the moon.
2. The first train in India ran on 16 th April 1853 from Bombay to Thane.
3. The mascot of Indian Railways is Bholu – the guard elephant.
4. With over 1.6 million employees, Indian Railways is the world’s 9th largest employer.
5. Howrah-Amritsar Express has 115 stops, the record maximum for an Express train.
6. Indian Railways carry more than 25 million passengers every day, more than the entire population of Australia.
7. In 1986, Indian Railways started its first computerized reservation in New Delhi.
Top Software Engineering Courses
8 The Trivandrum-Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express that travels the 528km stretch between Vadodara and Kota non-stop comes at the top
9. India’s oldest working locomotive is the Fairy Queen, manufactured in 1855. It is also the oldest functioning steam engine in the world.
10. The world’s longest railway platform is in Gorakhpur. It measures 1.35km.
Free Online Test Series For Railway
Career Options Test| Career Helper
Empower your team. Lead the industry
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with EasyShikshaRequest Now
ALSO READ: Global-music-institute-gmi-commences-admissions
Get Course: PSI-DSS-Certification-Course