– First-of-its-kind study developed in partnership with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (LMRF, SMLS)
– India’s Confidence Index at 75; gaps in confidence levels across cities and regions
– Hyderabad leads with a score of 87; Surat ranks #1 among non-metros
Bengaluru, 8th September 2022: In alignment with the vision of Atma-vishwas for Atmanirbhar Bharat, India’s largest School Edtech company LEAD today announced the launch of India’s first Student Confidence Index, a study that assesses confidence levels of school-going students across regions, cities, demographics and various other parameters. Developed in collaboration with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (LMRF, SMLS), LEAD’s Index reveals several powerful insights into Student Confidence. While India stands at a Confidence level of 75 on a scale of 100, 36% of students have indicated top-bracket Confidence levels (81-100).
LEAD’s Student Confidence Index assesses the five 21st century Confidence-building attributes that are critical for students to succeed in life: Conceptual Understanding, Critical Thinking, Communication, Collaboration and Exposure to opportunities and platforms.
Other key insights:
- A 25-point gap between Hyderabad at an index score of 87 and Ambala with an index score of 62 suggests that students in India’s metros continue to be more confident than their peers in non-metros. Also, students in metros have a clear advantage over their peers in non-metros* in the five core attributes that build Confidence.
|% of students for whom the attribute is a strength (student self-rating of 4 or 5)|
- West India tops the Student Confidence Index at a regional level at 81, while South and East India hover near the national average.
- Except for Chennai and Mumbai, where girls slightly outperformed boys, boys and girls appear to be more or less equally confident across metros and non-metros.
- Interestingly, LEAD students have outperformed their peers in non-metros across all Confidence-building attributes.
Commenting on the Index, LEAD Co-founder and CEO Sumeet Mehta said, “For India to be Atmanirbhar, our students need to have atmavishwas. But there was no way of knowing the confidence level of students of our country. LEAD’s Student Confidence Index, developed in partnership with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (LMRF, SMLS), fills this gap. This is an annual survey and will help us monitor the confidence level of our students and help us make focused interventions through our education programs.”
“We are delighted to partner with LEAD in developing India’s first Student Confidence Index. The tool for building this Confidence Index followed a rigorous research process by the LMRF team at TISS. The validity and reliability of the tool in measuring Confidence, leading to academic performance has been scientifically established. The research and exposure we had with the LEAD powered schools and students primarily convinced us about the potential to bring about a meaningful change in academic achievements, and essentially the life and career of the students,” added Dr. Rahul S, Assistant Professor, LMRF, SMLS, Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
India’s first Student Confidence Index surveyed 2800+ students across Classes 6–10 in 6 metros, 6 non-metros, and 3 Tier 2/3 cities. The study was administered by market research and survey company Borderless Access.
LEAD is India’s largest School EdTech company and is promoted by Leadership Boulevard Private Limited. LEAD was founded in 2012 by Sumeet Mehta and Smita Deorah, with the mission to transform school education in India. It combines a deeply researched curriculum and pedagogy with technology to deliver an integrated system of teaching and learning that improves student learning outcomes and teacher performance in 3500+ schools across India. LEAD’s integrated system is available to schools in 400+ towns and cities across India, reaching 1.4 million+ students and empowering over 25,000 teachers. LEAD Powered Schools provide children with international standard education and national-level exposure for all-around growth, with a focus on helping them succeed in life. Find your nearest LEAD-powered school at www.leadschool.in.
Visit EasyShiksha for skill development courses.