Bangalore – 11th August, 2021: Wonderla Holidays Ltd., India’s largest Amusement park chain has announced its financial results for the first quarter ended on 30th June 2021.
- Gross Revenue for the First Quarter ended June 30th, 2021 was Rs.5.43 crores against Rs.1.84 crores during the corresponding period of last financial year.
- In the First Quarter 2021-22,the Company achieved a total footfall of 34,485 against Nil Footfalls in the corresponding period of last Financial Year(parks remained closed on account of COVID-19 Pandemic first wave). Footfalls in Bangalore was 11,171 nos., Kochi 12,012 nos. and Hyderabad 11,302 nos. respectively for 18 days of park operations.
- EBITDA loss for the First Quarter 2021-22 was Rs.9.05 crores against Rs.10.06 crores of the corresponding period of last Financial Year.
- Loss after tax for the First Quarter 2021-22 ended 30th June 2021 was Rs.13.25 crores as against a Loss after tax of Rs.14.51 crores during the corresponding period of last Financial Year.
- The second wave of Covid-19 impacted Q1 FY22 operations significantly.
- Resort achieved 19% occupancy during the first quarter of the Financial Year 21-22. During the corresponding period of last Financial Year, resort remained closed on account of first wave of COVID-19 Pandemic.
Business Outlook: Commenting on the performance during the quarter, Mr. Arun K Chittilappilly, Managing Director said, “The parks were shut down in the mid of April 2021 due to the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic and the revenue was impacted.
However, Hyderabad Park has re-opened on 5th August 2021 and Bangalore Park is planned to re-open on 12th August 2021. Parks will be open to public during Thursday to Sunday / public holiday with an invitation price of Rs.799 for all categories of tickets. As a mark of gratitude and admiration, we have invited 1,500 COVID angels to Hyderabad Park from 5th to 8th August, 2021 and 1,500 to Bangalore Park from 12th to 15th August, 2021.
As a testimony to our excellent hygiene practices, all Wonderla Parks have received the COV-Safe certification by Bureau Veritas India and become the first amusement park in India to be awarded for the same. We wanted to reassure our visitors of safety and hygiene followed at the theme park and this certification is a step ahead in that direction. All our staff are vaccinated and we are fully prepared to welcome our customers to our park, following all safety precautions.”
About Wonderla Holidays Ltd:
Wonderla Holidays Limited is India’s largest and most popular amusement park operator. The company currently owns and operates three amusement parks in Kochi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and a resort at Bangalore named ‘Wonderla Resort’. Many of its rides are custom made and imported from reputed international suppliers, making them unique in India. Wonderla parks have been visited by over 3 crores visitors since 2000 making them the most visited amusement parks in India. Wonderla is among the top ranked amusement parks in India and Asia. Wonderla is certified for the Integrated Management System by BV India as per the standards under ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 45001:2018.
For further information on Wonderla, visit www.wonderla.com