Business Analyst Role
Today we going to discuss a major role in a Company i.e a Business Analyst role or an IT analyst. Business Analysis is a wide field and I can not give you a demonstration about the role in this blog. Sometimes a Business Analyst role is not defined or sometimes you act as a BA titled to a different role. Sometimes people think the major role of a Business Analyst is to make money or generate revenue for the firm, which may not be true in direct context. But indirectly the actions and decisions are taken by Business Analyst affect the financial prospects of the organization.
The definition according to BABOK by International Institute of Business Analysis.
the practice of enabling change in an enterprise by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Business analysis enables an enterprise to articulate needs and the rationale for change and to design and describe solutions that deliver value.
The key traits a Business Analyst should possess.
1. Need to communicate with stakeholders and to gather requirements.
2. Find Leads or generate leads for the business and writing business proposals.
3. Convert leads into the client and follow-ups to the leads.
4. Need to document everything and should have software developer skills.
5. Need to prepare some Requirement Documents Stakeholder analysis, business analyst plan, current state analysis, scope statement specification, functional requirement specification, wire-frames, Test plan and test user cases, and the final document for the completion of the project.
6. work on tools like Balsamiq, draw.io for building wireframes and user cases.
7. Agile tools and Scrum for testing a project.
Business Analyst can be from any sector, and the role differs based on the sector. Business Analyst are classified into various categories like
· Business Analyst
· Business Process Analyst
· IT Business Analyst
· Business System Analyst
· System Analyst
· Data Analyst
· Functional Architect
· Usability or UX Analyst