The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a premier institute of design, management, and technology in the field of fashion and apparel in India. The NIFT entrance exam is conducted annually for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programs in design, management, and technology at NIFT campuses located across the country.
Eligibility for NIFT Exam:
- For UG programs, candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent in any stream from a recognized board.
- For PG programs, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
NIFT Exam Structure:
The NIFT entrance exam consists of two parts: the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and the General Ability Test (GAT). The CAT is a hands-on test designed to assess the candidate’s creative and innovative abilities, while the GAT is a written test designed to assess the candidate’s general knowledge, communication, and analytical skills.
The NIFT exam is conducted in the following format:
- CAT: The CAT is a hands-on test that consists of a set of tasks that need to be completed by the candidates within a specified time frame. The tasks may include drawing, sketching, designing, or constructing models. The CAT is conducted in a group setting and is evaluated by a panel of experts.
- GAT: The GAT is a written test that consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in the following subjects:
- English comprehension
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Quantitative ability
- Communication ability
- Analytical ability
The GAT is conducted in an individual setting and is evaluated by a computerized system.
NIFT Exam Dates:
The NIFT entrance exam is typically held in the month of January each year. The exact dates of the exam are announced by the institute on its official website.
NIFT Exam Results:
The NIFT exam results are typically announced in the month of March each year. The results are announced on the institute’s official website and candidates can check their results by logging in with their registration number and password.
After the NIFT exam, candidates are shortlisted for the next round of the selection process, which includes a situation test and a personal interview. The final selection of candidates for admission is based on their overall performance in the entrance exam, the situation test, and the personal interview.
I hope this information is helpful.
For More details about NIFT Exam visit EasyShiksha