Water is undoubtedly the most important element that we need to live. Keeping ourselves hydrated, especially in summer months is one of the most common advice that we constantly come across. We have all heard and read enough about the importance of consuming sufficient and more water on a daily basis to maintain better health of our body. Water is an essential component for the effective functioning of our body as approximately more than half of our body mass is made up of water, including skin, tissues, cells and the organs. Throughout the day we lose a lot of water, be it through the skin in the form of sweat, or through urination, making restoring the lost amount, crucial. But still, water is something that is often underestimated or taken for granted. Water affects every organ system of the body, from the muscular to the digestive, and of course, the skin.
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
Top Virtual Reality Courses
We know water is life but did you know it could also give a new life to your skin? Experts continuously stress how water is one of the easiest and best beauty treatments. The skin is also an organ, rather it’s the largest organ in the body. If the skin doesn’t get enough water, it will not function properly. If your water intake is right and adequate, then one can even stop worrying about acne, dark spots or dark circles or any such skin related issues that can bring down one’s beauty.
On an average, 2 to 3 liters of water should be consumed in a day. The amount of water needs for a person tends to change through his/her lifetime depending on the age, diet, environmental conditions, physical activity, etc.
Some benefits for the skin from drinking more water include:
- Reduces wrinkles: The more water you drink, the fewer wrinkles and fine lines you see. This is so because water helps in maintaining the skin moisture, which increases elasticity and the more elastic the skin is, the lesser are the wrinkles. Keeping your skin hydrated also smoothens it.
- Improves Complexion: Many skin issues like can be dealt with by drinking more water as it helps the digestive system in flushing out toxins from the body. This, in turn, increases the blood flow and aids in improving the complexion for healthy and glowing skin.
- Diminished puffiness: Our body retains water which is why our skin tends to swell sometimes. Nobody enjoys those puffy eyes at any time of the day. However, you can have your eyes looking sparkly and clear with reduced puffiness by consuming enough water. As the dehydration will lessen, the eyes will appear clearer and the puffiness around them will decrease.
- Increases the speed of healing: This is true particularly in case of sunburn. Drinking more water helps in speeding up the healing process for sunburn.
- Clears acne: Acne is an incredibly common problem when it comes to skin. Water also aids in flushing toxins from the skin and shrink the pores, in turn, making them less likely to clog and cause a zit. Hence reduces the chances of acne on your skin.
- Slows ageing: Drinking enough water not only reduces wrinkles and acne, and makes the skin smooth but it can help in keeping the skin cells hydrated and healthy, hence delay the ageing process for the skin. Plump skin cells also help to hide the already present signs of aging.
Top Software Engineering Courses
- Reduces pore size: Throughout the day our skin is exposed to a lot of sun, dust, smoke, etc. and through the day our pores can get clogged and enlarged. By drinking more water, one can maintain a better balance of oil and water on the surface of the skin. This further helps in reducing the pore size, decrease acne breakouts, and reduce blemishes.
- Gets rid of dry skin: Dry skin tends to crack, flake, and itch and just by hydrating your skin, this problem can be taken care of. When you stay hydrated, your skin is less likely to crack and become itchy.
- Tightens skin: A great way to get away with sagging of your skin and help tighten the skin around your jawline, stomach, arms, and legs are to drink more and more water. This is so because water helps in improving skin elasticity, and makes it bounce back from sagging too much.
- pH balance: Maintaining a healthy pH balance is essential to keep one’s skin blemish-free and glowing and by drinking more water, one can help in balancing the pH level and in return gift yourself a healthy skin.
- Puts skin disorders at bay: If you keep your skin hydrated, it will enhance the metabolic rate and improve the digestive system which will be further flush out toxins from the body, leaving you with healthy and glowing skin.
Top Networking Online Courses
Empower your team. Lead the industry
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with EasyShikshaRequest Now
ALSO READ: ssc-selection-post-notification