British Council introduces online offer for members unlimited
This year British Council re-launches its world-class digital library services with a range of new online products. From within the comforts of home and anywhere in India, members can enjoy a repository of premium online services.
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
|Chennai||17.00 - 18.00 email@example.com||737, Anna Salai|
|20 February 2016||Bangalore||17.00 - 18.00 firstname.lastname@example.org||23, Prestige Takt, Kasturba Road Cross|
|Hyderabad||16.00 - 17.00 email@example.com||5-9-22 SarovarCentre, Secretariat Road|
Online Library membership is available at a discount of only INR 999 per year.
Among the attractions for online memberships are:
• IndieFlix –Thousands of award-winning independent movies, short feature films and documentaries from all over the world are available. Members have unlimited access to thousands of free streaming film-festival hits.
• Zinio – A collection of international digital magazines, Zinio brings magazines with the same great articles, photos, and ads as the print version, but packed with the power and convenience of the digital form. Each issue is delivered to the desktop, for the reader to enjoy anytime, anywhere.
• More than 115,000 full text downloadable books for academic and researchpurposes from more than 450+ publishers. The complete database covers areas like Arts, Humanities, Engineering, IT & Computers, Management, Medical Sciences, English Language, Business Communication, Literature, Law, History, Social Sciences, and many more.
• 7000 full text e-journals for academic and researchpurposesacross subjects including Engineering, IT & Computers, Management, Medical Sciences, English Language, Business Communication, Literature, Law, History, Social Sciences, and many more.
• Literature Online – Literature Online is a fully searchable library of over 350,000 full-text works of English literature. Includes several literary databases of poetry, plays and fiction as well as general reference works and links to other Internet sites.
• Press Reader – 4000+ newspapers from 100 countries in 60 languages including 246 from India. It has 580 UK newspapers and periodicals whch includes The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, The Independent and the Observer and its weekend editions. It offers facilities like sharing, listening and instant translations in up to 18 languages.
The above services are available on any computer with Internet access anywhere in India.You can also access the resources via handheld devices through the web browser.
For registration, please log on to www.library.britishcouncil.org.in. The username and password will be sent within 48 hours of registration.
For more details on online membership and registration procedures visit www.library.britishcouncil.org.in. Or call 0120-4569000/6684353.
About the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.
We work in more than 100 countries and our 7,000 staff – including 2,000 teachers – work with thousands of professionals and policy makers and millions of young people every year by teaching English, sharing the arts and delivering education and society programmes. The British Council is recognised across India for its network of 9 libraries and cultural centres. We offer a range of specialised projects in arts, education, exams, English language and society to audiences across India and more than 100,000 members. We also provide access to English language training and learning for both students and teachers, offer UK qualifications in India and enable opportunities to study in the UK.
We are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter. A core publically-funded grant provides less than 25 per cent of our turnover which last year was £781 million. The rest of our revenues are earned from services which customers around the world pay for, through education and development contracts and from partnerships with public and private organisations. All our work is in pursuit of our charitable purpose and supports prosperity and security for the UK and globally.
For more information, please visit: www.britishcouncil.in. You can also keep in touch with the British Council through https://twitter.com/inbritish and blog.britishcouncil.org.in
For more media information contact: Rajeswari Pradeep Kumar, Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications (South India) at Rajeswari.PradeepKumar@in.britishcouncil.org.
Empower your team. Lead the industry
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with EasyShikshaRequest Now
Get Course: Zero to Hero in Django Python Framework