The State Bank of India recently released the official notification for recruitment of clerks for the year 2018. Tentatively the SBI Clerk 2018 will be conducted in March/ April 2018.
With just about 2 months to go for the exam, it is the best time to kick-start your preparation for SBI Clerk 2018.. Here, we bring to you a section-wise preparation strategy for SBI Clerk 2018 numerical ability. So read along!
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
Before we dive into the preparation strategy, let’s take a quick look at the SBI Clerk 2018 Exam pattern and syllabus for the numerical ability section.
SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk 2018 has introduced sectional time limits in the prelims paper. This will warrant a change in both your preparation strategy for your exam as well as you question selection & exam attempt strategy. Following picture shows the pattern of SBI Clerk 2018 prelims exam.
One can notice that the SBI Clerk prelims 2018 paper has essentially become 3 separate papers of 20 minutes each. That said, having an effective question selection strategy becomes of utmost importance. Making the most of these 20 minutes and attempting the maximum possible number of questions with a good accuracy factor is what will decide your fate in the examination.
Top Software Engineering Courses
And to do this, the only thing required is a thorough preparation, which means:
- Clarity of concepts : develop a stronghold over your basics
- Knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses : space out your mocks attempts evenly throughout the course of your preparation and devote a good amount of time analysing your attempts
- Build your own question selection and attempt strategy
SBI Clerk 2018 Syllabus for Numerical Ability
Let us first take a look at the detailed syllabus for numerical ability in SBI Clerk 2018 prelims.
- Number Series
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Problem on ages
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Percentages & Partnership
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Boats & Streams
- Averages & Mixtures
- Simple & Compound Interest
SBI Clerk 2018 Preparation Strategy for Numerical Ability
- In simplification, some of the most common topics (as per SBI Clerk 2016 ) are : surds and powers, ratios, percentages and BODMAS. The first step would be to clear your basics and then move on to the next stage practice questions.
- Some common series types in number series are : Squares and cubes, geometric, two-staged and mixed number series. Thus, it is advisable to memorize all squares upto 25 and cubes upto 20. This will make it easier for you to identify series at the first glance and hence, will help you improve your speed. The key to mastering this particular topic is daily practice. Attempting 4-5 questions, daily without fail and from various sources will go a long way.
- Data interpretation is one topic that can be calculation intensive. Some recurring question types are: tables, bar graphs, line graphs and pie charts. Make sure you practice at least question of each type. This will help you comprehend the data sets more quickly as you will be familiar and also will help you increase your speed. Another important thing to do here would be to remember some fraction to decimal conversions. This will help you increase you speed of solving questions.
Remember the mantra for successful preparation strategy:
Build Concept–> Practice Daily –> Revise Weekly –> Give 1 mock test / week –> Spend time on analysis –> Strengthen your strengths and improve on your weakness –> REPEAT
About the author:
Mr. Abhishek Patil,
CEO & Co-Founder, Oliveboard
Empower your team. Lead the industry
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with EasyShikshaRequest Now
Get Course: Become-a-Software-Tester