- Tell us about Enterprise Ireland
Enterprise Ireland is an Irish government organization that is responsible for venture capital investments and export development of Irish enterprises in the world markets. We have 35 offices around the world with nearly 4000 companies in our portfolio. Currently, there are about 100 Irish companies active in India and this number is rising rapidly every year.
We at Enterprise Ireland provide an extensive range of services from funding, to making introductions in key international markets. Mentioned below are a few;
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
- Funding supports – a range of supports, for start-ups, expansion plans, and R&D business plans.
- Export assistance – including the provision of in-market services, local market information and the facilities of our international office network.
- Supports to develop competitiveness – helping companies to become leaner to make them more competitive in international markets.
- Incentives to stimulate in-company R&D – new product, service and process development to ensure sustainability, and growth through the evolution of products and services.
- Assistance with R&D collaboration – with research institutions, to develop and bring to market new technologies, products or processes.
- Connections and introductions to customers overseas – we provide access to a global network of contacts – from heads of government to end customers.
To know more, please visit https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/
- What is your new role and responsibility at Enterprise Ireland?
As the Director for India & South Asia, I am currently leading Enterprise Ireland’s India market team. My responsibilities include managing Irish companies’ entry and expansion into the Indian market within a diverse range of sectors like education, life sciences, ICT and fintech. We help these companies with local market intelligence, government liaison, strategic advice, access to business opportunity & funding.
Top Software Engineering Courses
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se” during this lockdown.
India’s economy is already the sixth-largest in the world and poised to become the third-largest by 2030 with growing middle class driving demand for new products and services. Now as Irish companies look to diversify and find new opportunities beyond its boundaries, India is a natural partner and it provides immense growth potential.
- How does Enterprise Ireland help Indian students to study abroad?
With some of the best universities in the world, Ireland is a popular destination among Indian students. Enterprise Ireland manages the Education in Ireland national brand under the authority of the Minister for Education and Skills. Enterprise Ireland is responsible for the promotion of Irish Higher Education Institutions overseas. We connect Indian students to the higher education institutes in Ireland through our various activities like fairs, lecture series, webinars, etc.
Director-India & South Asia,
Abhinav is an expert in International Business and Trade, and has worked
with several foreign governments, corporates, and non-profit organization.
Currently, he is Enterprise Ireland’s Director for India & South Asia, and
leads India’s market team. He is responsible for managing Irish companies’
entry and expansion into the Indian market within a diverse range of
sectors like education, life sciences, ICT, fintech, etc. His expertise lies in
providing market intelligence, strategic advice and access to business
opportunity & funding to foreign companies interested in the South Asian
Empower your team. Lead the industry
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with EasyShikshaRequest Now
Prior to joining EI, he worked with the Canadian government as a Trade Commissioner advising Canadian companies on international expansion and managing foreign direct investments (FDI). He has also worked extensively in the field of international education and has supported several foreign institutions in India. In the past, he has also handled domestic and international fund-raising activities in the non-profit sector. He is very much active in the innovation ecosystem, and also is an investor and advisor to several startups globally.