~ The upGrad global edtech forecasted reaching 2Mn in 18 months & beats itself on its own target by reaching the milestone in 8 months; M&As bolster learners’ strength ~
Delhi, 31st August 2021: Asia’s higher edtech major and recently turned unicorn, upGrad, records yet another striking milestone by crossing the mark of 2Mn learners on its platform. This has been achieved in just 8 months after the global edtech crossed the 1Mn mark in January this year.
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
upGrad’s growth has been propelled by its strategic M&As as well, and includes international learners driven by the brand’s global university partnerships. About 40% of the total registered learners are from the group companies like upGrad KnowledgeHut, upGrad Campus (previously Impartus), and upGrad Jeet (previously The Gate Academy), while the remaining 60% of learners are registered with the parent brand.
Commenting on this milestone, the three Co-founders, Ronnie Screwvala, Mayank Kumar, and Phalgun Kompalli in a joint statement said, “We remained bullish on our plans for being a truly global company for the 1 Bn workforce and our strategic M&As have also been helping us with inorganic growth across geographies. We are witnessing demand from a wider audience who are being careful about the evolving market needs and is indulging in LifeLongLearning to catapult their career growth. While we feel a certain sense of accomplishment on beating our own targets in less than half of the expected timeline; we are all set for a much bigger success that awaits in the near future.”
Top Software Engineering Courses
The unemployment rate in the country rose to a six-week high of 8.1% in the week ended August 8, the CMIE data suggest. On the other hand, India is expected to have over 1.5 million unfulfilled job vacancies by 2025 just in the field of Cybersecurity, Michael Page India recently reported. The number is far graver if one takes all the new-age Data & Tech roles. Such alarming circumstances in the country are indicative of the massive skill gap that players like upGrad are seeking to bridge.
upGrad, known for driving meaningful career outcomes, offers a host of career services like paid internships, 1:1 mentorship, career counseling, and placement support. Such during and after-course value-added services make upGrad a leader in the higher education sphere that not only concentrates on quality content but is equally committed to driving employment in the country.
Empower your team. Lead the industry
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with EasyShikshaRequest Now
Recent reports suggest the company is in advanced talks for a USD 400 Million fundraise at a valuation of USD 4 Billion, and therefore, the milestone of unicorn is not any destination, but a mark on its path towards achieving a larger goal.
upGrad is a pioneer in the online education revolution, changing the lives of millions for the better by “Powering career success for every member of the global workforce as their trusted lifelong learning partner”. Co-Founded by one of the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs, Ronnie Screwvala along with Mayank Kumar and Phalgun Kompalli, upGrad has impacted over 1 million total registered learners in over 50+ countries.
upGrad, Asia’s higher EdTech leader, uniquely drives deep learning for the real world, by creating original content harnessing industry experts across the globe and offers learners a hyper-personalized, comprehensive one-stop solution, combining the power of its’ proprietary AI-driven technology platform with its army of counsellors who handhold learners for the entire duration of their course.
To provide the best university quality education, upGrad brings together the world’s leading universities, faculty & industry experts on an integrated digital platform, delivering an immersive experience with full flexibility to study at one’s own pace. upGrad’s ever-expanding roster of leading global universities includes Duke Corporate Education (US), Michigan State University (US), Liverpool John Moores University (UK), Deakin Business School (Australia), Swiss School of Business Management, (Geneva), IIT Madras (India), IIM Kozhikode (India).
upGrad’s alumni base is employed by blue-chip organizations like Gojek, PayTM, Gartner, Flipkart (Walmart-acquired), Accenture, and E&Y. upGrad is #1, LinkedIn Top Startups India 2020 and is in Top 50 of the FT Asia-Pacific High-Growth Companies 2021 and the GSV Global EdTech 50.
ALSO READ: council-for-higher-education-the-israel-academy-of-sciences
Get Course: Introduction-to-Corporate-Finance