FLP combines leadership and social service, making it easier for youth aged 16 – 25 years to contribute to social good. YVO It empowers the next generation of leaders with social entrepreneurship skills to create a meaningful impact in society, thereby making the world a better place to live in.
- FLP is conceptualised and run by accomplished professionals and industry stalwarts from various fields who are alumni of reputed Indian as well as International Educational Institutions
- Since its inception in 2020, more than 200 students from various educational institutes such as IIM Ranchi, IIM Ahmedabad, Harvard Business School, KLS Gogte Institute of Technology (Belgaum), Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College Pune and more, have participated and benefitted from this program
- No Fees are charged and all sessions are conducted online
- Candidates who wish to apply for FLP can register online at the official website of Young Volunteers Organisation
- Last date for submission of application is 18 February, 2022
January 27, 2022 – YVO’s Future Leaders Program (FLP) is inviting applications from students and educational institutions to join its new batch, beginning in March 2022. The program introduces social entrepreneurship to young minds, combines leadership and social service and makes social service more accessible to youth aged 16 – 25 years.
Future Leaders Program (FLP) was launched in 2020 by Young Volunteers Organisation (YVO), an Indian non-profit organisation. Since its inception, more than 200 students from various educational institutes such as IIM Ranchi, IIM Ahmedabad, Harvard Business School, KLS Gogte Institute of Technology (Belgaum), Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College Pune, Rockwell International School Hyderabad and more have participated and benefitted from this program.
FLP helps students deep dive into the workings of a non-proﬁt organization and teaches skills that are useful in today’s world such as digital marketing, fundraising and innovation in the social sector. FLP also inculcates in them essential leadership skills by encouraging students to communicate and interact with each other and with various NGOs by undertaking various projects and assignments.
It is conceptualised and run by accomplished professionals and Industry stalwarts from various fields who are alumni of reputed Indian as well as International Institutions such as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA), South Indian Education Society (SIES), Harvard Business School, Stanford Business School, London Business School, and more.
Siddharth Ladsariya, Founding Volunteer, Young Volunteers Organisation and FLP said, “Imparting social entrepreneurship skills amongst youth can play a significant role in holistic development of young people while also allowing them to contribute to the development of their own communities. The skills that participants gain from YVO’s Future Leaders Program are beneficial to become active members of an organisation or society and are fundamental to become future leaders that will create value.”
“FLP offers a great platform and an opportunity to participants to bond with like-minded people while also helping students enhance their leadership, teamwork, communication, decision making and critical thinking skills. We hope the FLP experience sparks a passion in students and helps them see that they are the true leaders who can positively impact the world,” Siddharth added.
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
Candidates who wish to apply for FLP can register online at the official website of Young Volunteers Organisation. The new batch starts from 6 March, 2022. The last date for submission of application is 18 February, 2022. It is an online program and one can enrol from anywhere, across India and abroad. Each batch, with a maximum of 50 students, will have 8 sessions of 1 to 1.5 hrs each, divided over 4 weekends. YVO does not charge a fee to deliver FLP and its memorable experience to its participants. More details on future batches and dates can be found on the official website.
“FLP is an amazing program that widens your understanding of the challenges and necessities in the world. The energy of participants throughout the program was infectious. It’s also a great way to connect with a group of distinguished professionals from reputed institutions who contribute to accelerate India’s development”, said Anamika Singh, MBA student at Harvard Business School and Participant – FLP, Batch 1.
“Through FLP I was not only able to get a deeper look into the working of an NGO but also learn the importance of gratitude, team work, decision making, communication & critical thinking; skills every leader needs to make a positive difference. My favourite activity was the Online Fund-Raising Campaign which gave each participant a very hands-on experience. I also cherish realising that the more privilege I have, the more opportunity and responsibility I have to help those who don’t. Overall FLP will go on to be one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had and highly recommend it to everyone”, said Tanishka Patil, 2nd year Engineering student, KLS Gogte Institute of Technology, Belgaum and Participant – FLP, Batch 3.
YVO is grateful to its team and participants. It recognises and thanks the effort of its mentors and implementing partners, for helping in making FLP a highly valued program for our youth.
Top Software Engineering Courses
About YVOs Future Leaders Program (FLP)
Imparting social entrepreneurship skills amongst youth can play a significant role in holistic development of young people while also allowing them to contribute to the development of their own communities. With this objective in mind, Young Volunteers Organisation (YVO), a non-profit organisation, launched a program called “Future Leaders Program” (FLP) in 2020.
FLP combines Leadership and Social Service and makes it accessible to young adults (aged 16-25 years) who are the voice of the future. The program is focused on introducing social entrepreneurship to young minds by creating an opportunity to give back with real-time formative experiences. FLP helps students deep dive into the workings of a non-proﬁt organization and teaches skills that are useful in today’s world such as digital marketing, fundraising and innovation in the social sector. FLP also inculcates in them essential leadership skills by encouraging students to communicate and interact with each other by undertaking various projects and assignments, with the volunteers at YVO and also with a few of the NGOs empanelled with YVO.
FLP SELECTION PROCESS
- Detailed applications are invited from youth in the age group of 16 years to 25 years
- The objective is to assess their interest to the course primarily based on their inclination for social entrepreneurship & their longer-term goals and aspirations
- Applicants are also required to submit their credentials and source of reference, if any
- Based on the above, best suited candidates are selected for the program
FLP COURSE TENURE & MODE OF OPERATION
- Online sessions on Zoom
- Per Batch 8 sessions of 1 to 1.5 hrs each, over 4 weekends (Total of 4 batches a year)
- Successful participants are awarded a Completion Certificate and a Recommendation Letter (subject to fulfilment of program terms and conditions)
- It also offers paid internship opportunities based on one’s performance
FLP COURSE CONTENT
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Skills like authentic leadership, visionary attitude, innovation, ethical, compassion, empathy, resourcefulness, communication & persuasion along with real life formative experiences
- Social impact Evaluation
- Virtual Tour of NGOs, interaction with the NGOs, criteria for evaluation and selection of NGOS
- Auditing NGO presentation pitch
- Real life projects for Implementation like Online Fund-Raising Campaigns
- Essential skill sets like Digital Marketing & Social Media Marketing
ALSO READ: Union Budget 2022-23: Non-profit sector seeks more investment in health
Want to improve your skill visit: EasyShiksha