Bangalore, August 18, 2022: To provide qualitative healthcare option to all the mothers and turn the birthing experience into pure bliss, Aster Hospitals has curated ‘Aster Birthing Centre’ to create memorable birthing and meet all the needs of a mother and baby. Under the motto Centre of excellence, where you are the Centre of attention, Aster Birthing Centre will offer comprehensive medical care by renowned Obstetricians, Gynaecologists, and experienced specialists from all medical disciplines, all in one go, under one roof and available 24X7. The new state-of-the-art centre was launched by Smt. Sudha Rani, popular Kannada Actor. Dr. Nitish Shetty, Regional Director – Karnataka & Maharashtra, Aster DM Healthcare and Mr. S Ramesh Kumar, CEO, Aster CMI Hospital were also present during the launch.
Just like no two women are the same, no two births are identical, Aster Birthing Centre will offer personalized customized attention to every expecting mother to ensure safe birthing. The newly launched centre will also offer the following:
- A holistic approach, with well-informed choices for the mother-to-be.
- A safe monitoring and ensured support throughout the nine and half month journey.
- Serene and home-like atmosphere for the most important stage in life, where you give birth to a part of yourself, your baby.
- A collaborative model of care that leverages the expertise of the Obstetrician with a multidisciplinary approach.
Commenting on the launch, Dr. Nitish Shetty, Regional Director – Karnataka & Maharashtra, Aster DM Healthcare said, “Becoming a parent transforms every single aspect of your life. These transformations continue throughout your parenting journey especially with each child! We perfectly understand this roller coaster journey; women often experience a lot of mixed emotions. Thus, we have curated the Aster Birthing Centre. While birthing is a “wellness event” and an occasion to celebrate, it is also underlined by a subjective need, a few cases may require high-risk and critical care. To address this issue and to provide comprehensive & qualitative maternity experience to all expectant mothers, we are launching the Aster Birthing Centre.”
“Aster Birthing Centre is a new concept of a hospital within a hospital. It offers state-of-the-art technology and specific super specialty and subject-centric care by our team which includes Neonatologist, Paediatrician, Hepatologist, Nephrologist, Gastroenterologist, Neuro-Surgeon, Cardiologist, Urologist and Fetal medicine.” said Mr. S Ramesh Kumar, CEO, Aster CMI Hospital.
Dr. N Sapna Lulla, Lead Consultant – Obstetrics & Gynecology, Aster CMI Hospital said “Aster Birthing Centre offers a collaborative model of care that leverages the expertise of the Obstetrician with a multidisciplinary approach. We ensure a collective approach with all specialties available in one go to deliver consistent, continuous, persistent care for the mother-to-be and child to come. We are equipped with advanced technologies, best-in-class services and highly trained nurses and paramedics. Aster Birthing Centre is among the best maternity centres, backed by all multi-specialties under one roof, in one go and available 24X7.
The Guest of Honor, Smt. Sudha Rani, popular Kannada Actor said, “I would like to thank Aster CMI Hospital for having me here today to launch the Aster Birthing Centre. Bangalore has witnessed a profound
change in the past one or two decades with the mushrooming of boutique hospitals and the stand-alone birthing centres. From conception to delivery to motherhood, this newly launched birthing centre will be a perfect guide through the entire journey. It will bring a change and ensure utmost care, attention and high-quality medical services to all the patients.”
Types of Birthing Services Available at Aster Birthing Centre
- Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC) – It is a type of vaginal delivery service that is available for women who have given birth via caesarean section in their former pregnancy. If your current pregnancy is healthy and the incision (cut) in your last c-section was low transverse, then you may be able to have VBAC
- Sensory Birth – Sensory birthing rooms offer unique birthing experience. These rooms offer programmable calming lights, pictures, music and sound effects that play a critical role in reducing pain, increasing comfort, and lowering the stress which enhances the overall experience of the patient. Every room creates a subdued atmosphere, calmer and more reassuring than a typical delivery room.
- Physiologic Birth – Is a type of birth where the baby is born vaginally without any medical interventions. This type of birth is safe and healthy because there is no unnecessary intervention that disrupts normal physiologic processes.
About Aster DM Healthcare
Aster DM Healthcare Limited is one of the largest private healthcare service providers operating in GCC and in India. With an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence, we are one of the few entities in the world with a strong presence across primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary healthcare through our 27 hospitals, 118 clinics, 323 pharmacies and 66 labs & patient experience centers in seven countries, including India. We have over 24,350 plus dedicated staff including 3,110 doctors and 7,063 nurses across the geographies that we are present in, delivering a simple yet strong promise to our different stakeholders: “We’ll treat you well.” We reach out to all economic segments in the GCC states through our differentiated healthcare services across the “Aster”, “Medcare” and “Access” brands .
Visit EasyShiksha for skill development courses.