NEW DELHI: World Water Day is celebrated every year on March 22. The idea behind observing this day is focusing on the importance of water and need to conserve it. The World Water Day theme 2019 is “Leaving no one behind”. It looks at why people have been left behind and how access to water and sanitation and sustainable water management can be drivers of change. World Water Day was first observed in 1993 by United Nations General Assembly. This year is 26th World Water Day. With a looming drinking water shortage in the world, here are some tips you can adopt to make changes in your daily life.
World Water Day2019 : Some Tips to Save the Water
1. Start with making small changes in your daily life. After washing the vegetables, use the same water to water your plants and gardens.
2. The water drained from RO filters at home can be used for mopping the floor.
3. Trap rainwater by installing Rain Water Harvesting systems in your house, locality and fight water shortage.
4. While brushing, do not leave your taps running. Be conscious about it and do not spill water.
5. Collect your clothes and do the laundry when washing machines is fully loaded. This can help a great deal in saving precious water.
6. On an average, a person uses 35 litres of water during a 5-minute bath. Try to bathe with one bucket of water, which roughly stores 12-18 litres. Install water-saving showerheads to cut down 80 per cent of your water usage.
Sign up / Register with EasyShiksha or Download the app and get free online education account. Get latest Jobs Notification & Current Affairs. You can access more than 50 free online courses, various computer and SSC Bank Railway test series and find your career options. You can Sign up with Facebook