Kolkata, West Bengal, 17th November 2021: The Board of Directors of Linc Pen & Plastics Ltd. at its meeting held on 17th November 2021 took on record the Unaudited Financial Results for the second quarter of 2021-22 ended 30th September 2021. Linc Pen & Plastics Ltd is one of India’s most trusted writing instrument manufacturers. They have a robust domestic and international presence spreading across 50 countries and the brand is respected for producing world-class and innovative products.
Important Announcement – EasyShiksha has now started Online Internship Program “Ab India Sikhega Ghar Se”
Particulars (Rs Lakhs) 3M – Q2 3M – Q2
Total Income 9,439 6,456
EBITDA 805 304
PBDT 790 210
PAT 358 -88
EPS (Rs.) (not annualized) 2.41 -0.59
Commenting on the results, Mr. Deepak Jalan, Managing Director, Linc Pen & Plastics Ltd. said:
“Despite the pandemic continuing to be a threat to the stationery and writing instruments industry, Linc grew revenues to near pre-Covid levels. The creditable factor was that the Company posted a profit before tax above the pre-Covid level despite a sharp increase in raw material (plastic granules and ball pen ink) prices. Linc moved product stockings from stationery shops to general stores, widening distribution coverage and the possibility of impulse purchase. The Company’s inventories and debtors witnessed a decline of Rs. 880 lakh and Rs. 400 lakh respectively. Borrowings of the Company declined by Rs. 500 lakh during the quarter under review. The Company continued to focus on increasing the proportion of value-added products.”
● Revenues were 93% of pre-Covid revenues (Q2 FY 2019-20).
● Revenues grew 71% QoQ and 46% YoY.
● Revenue rebound was despite the closure of schools, colleges, and other educational institutions.
● Profit before tax was Rs. 480 lakh, surpassing the pre-Covid level of Rs. 463 lakh in Q2 FY 2019-20.
● Cash profit was Rs. 790 lakh, a YoY growth of 276%.
● The improved product mix included non-stationary items.
● We moderated operational costs, countering to some extent an increase in raw material prices.
● We focused on marketing value-added products, strengthening the product mix.
● Pentatonic accounted for 40% of revenues.
● Finance cost declined from Rs. 93 lakh in Q2 FY 2020-21 to Rs. 15 lakh this quarter.
Top Software Engineering Courses
● Domestic revenues of the Company increased from Rs. 4,912 lakh in Q2 FY 2020-21 to Rs. 7,647 lakh in Q2 FY
● The Company continued to widen its distribution network during the quarter under review. The number of retail outlets serviced as of 30th September 2021 was 1.51 lakh as compared to 1.45 lakh as of 30th June, 2021
● Consumer sentiment improved on account of schools and colleges opening towards the end of the calendar year.
● The Company’s Rs. 10+ portfolio accounted for 54% of the revenues (pre-Covid 52%).
● Exports accounted for 18.6% of our revenues during the quarter.
● Exports of the Company grew by 13.2% YoY and 40.7% QoQ.
About Linc Pen & Plastics Limited
Linc Pen & Plastics Limited is one of India’s most trusted Writing Instrument brands with a national and international presence in over 50 countries. Linc Pen is considered among the top ten companies in India with a constant endeavor to bring out new innovative pens with innovative technologies and packaging. Established in 1976 by Mr. Soorajmal Jalan, Linc Pen is currently headed by Mr. Deepak Jalan, Managing Director & CEO. We have our manufacturing units in Umbergaon, Serakol, and Falta, with a daily capacity of more than three million units with ISO 9001:2015 certification, guaranteeing top-quality products. Linc Pens has an exclusive license to distribute and market Uniball and Deli products. It is listed on NSE, BSE, and CSE. Linc is a dynamic company addressing the growing needs of the second-most populous country; it is a global organization striving to achieve greater heights through sustainable growth over the years.
Empower your team. Lead the industry
Get a subscription to a library of online courses and digital learning tools for your organization with EasyShikshaRequest Now
Get Course: AWS-for-Beginners