Roger Federer withdraws from Rogers Cup 2018 due to Scheduling

413
Roger federer, tennis news

Roger Federer, 8 times Wimbledon Champion, has withdrawn from the Rogers Cup 2018 this season. In his statement he said, “I’m so disappointed not to play at the Rogers Cup this summer,” said world number two Federer.” Due the scheduling is not perfect and number of matches greater, he decided to withdraw from this season.

“I had a fantastic time in Montreal last year and always enjoy playing in front of the Canadian fans. “But unfortunately with scheduling being the key to my longevity moving forward, I have regrettably decided to withdraw from Toronto this year.” Jeremy Chardy of France will take Federer’s place in the main draw.

Nine of the top 10 ranked players in the world, including Rafael Nadal and Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic, will play at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event, starting on 4 August. Federer was beaten in the final of last year’s tournament in Montreal by German Alexander Zverev.

Federer, who reached the final of Montreal in 2017, will drop 600 points but will stay at No. 2 entering Cincinnati unless Juan Martin del Potro reaches at least the final of his next scheduled event at Los Cabos and wins Toronto.

The Rogers Cup runs from Aug. 4 to 12 in Toronto for the men, while the women’s tournament will play out in Montreal from Aug. 3 to 12.

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

Get free online test series for exams like Bank PO cleark and SSC, Railway with EasyShiksha. Sign up and get a free account for every mock test. With EasyShiksha free account you can access free online courses and career helper. Like Our Facebook page for more Jobs, Education, Sports & Technology updates.