February 6, 2023: The University of Birmingham Dubai is now inviting applications from Indian students for their MSc Health Data Science programme for the September 2023 intake.
MSc Health Data Science at the University of Birmingham Dubai is a compelling degree providing the experience of working across academic, healthcare and industry sectors. The programme will cover topics in artificial intelligence, health data and advanced computational approaches in the clinical and biomedical space. It aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to perform analysis and develop novel tools and methods for this rapidly growing field. The programme also includes training in areas such as clinical bioinformatics, health informatics, epidemiology, clinical systems, integrated multimodal data analysis, bioinformatics and omics analytics for health data science careers in academia, industry and national health services.
Extended practical experience of working within diverse, multi-disciplinary environments across the healthcare sector and its associated industries will develop effective communication and delivery skills within the wider landscape for the students.
The MSc Health Data Science is delivered through a combination of seminars, lectures, class discussions, group work, case-study analysis and presentations. Assessments will be taken in the form of essays, exams, oral presentations, computer-based problem-solving exercises and a thesis.
Course dates: September 2023
· A 2:1 undergraduate Honours degree in a medical/life science (medicine, biology, chemistry, etc.) or quantitative science subject (computer science, mathematics, physics, etc.). Equivalent relevant work experience will also be considered for eligibility to enter the programme.
· IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
Application process: Applications for September 2023 are open, apply early to avoid disappointment. There is no application fee.
Tuition: AED 125,869 (appx. USD 34,270)
For more details please visit: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/study/courses/postgraduate/health-data-science-msc.aspx#CourseDetailsTab
The following information will usually be needed before a decision can be made on an application:
· Academic transcript(s) for all prior degrees – originals or certified photocopies
· Personal Statement, approximately 5000 characters, explaining why you are interested in studying in your chosen programme
· One academic reference (or if appropriate to the programme applied for, it could be from the applicant’s employer)
· Certificate to show competency in the English language if English is not your first language and you have already taken a test (not mandatory to submit at the time of application). Students can be considered for a waiver.
Applicants may be required to submit further documents in support of their application.
Scholarship: Scholarship options at the University of Birmingham Dubai are designed to benefit all new students and the financial rewards can be carried forward through the entire programme across the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. For September 2023 entry the university is offering scholarships of up to 40% to Indian students based on academic performance.
Please contact the team for more details.
This year Educate yourself and develop your skills with EasyShiksha