While in this digitally advanced world, the work prospects for freelancers are numerous, one must know how to search for these projects at the right time and the right place. You may be exceptionally good at your work, but what good is this efficiency of you cannot get the right projects that help you grow and earn better. So, here are a few things that a freelancer must keep in mind while searching for freelancing projects online-
- Direct online marketing– Search for companies that you would want to work with and create a list. Next step is to find contact email addresses that can be acquired from the company’s website or social media pages. Write a simple and formal email pitch adding links to your site or attach your work in the email. Start sending emails. This approach will help you develop a personal connect with several clients and will also provide you with authentic projects.
- Use LinkedIn Premium– LinkedIn Premium is one of the most popular yet a very formal platform that gives you the ability to message anyone. You can find companies from almost every sector and can thereby, contact them through messages or email (provided in their profile). You may not always be successful in receiving a reply from everyone, but the client pool is vast, and you will surely be able to pitch some projects.
- Visit relevant sites daily– There are several forums that work with clients of all sizes – from individuals and startups to Fintech, Travel, Ed-tech and Media giants. Anyone can post a requirement and receive bids from carefully matched professional freelancers. So, such platforms work as the perfect place for acquiring projects. One such platform is ExpertRight.com where you can easily obtain freelance work. Also, the website is 100% authentic and safe.
- Online Job Portals– Several online job portals like Indeed.com post freelance jobs daily. All you must do is open an account, upload your resume and start looking for freelance opportunities at the ease of your home.
- Social Media leads– Several groups on the social media offer freelance opportunities. But you must carefully analyze the company/individual profile before accepting a project. The leads on social media are numerous but you need to be very careful while sharing your details with any individual.
While there are several avenues for obtaining freelance projects there are some key points that you need to do-
- Do not share your personal details like address, mobile number, unless you are sure of the company or the website that you are working on.
- Do not share your bank details unless you are trust the company’s whereabouts.
- Negotiate on the cost per project. Do not work for less pay, this sets an industry standard and hampers the growth of the community as a whole
- Deliver your projects on time. Timeliness and quality are the key strengths of a freelancer and help in building trust.
By following the above points, you can surely obtain and retain numerous projects and build a strong freelancing career.